Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Page 6 - Balloon Monkey

Balloon Monkey idea came from Serving Pink Lemonade. When I saw it, I felt like it was a perfect way to play with colors and shapes.
I made two of every shape; however, I should have made three. On this page, again, I wish the removable pieces were two ply. I believe I will be able to take this page and sew another layer on the removable balloon pieces. This will make the pieces stronger and keep the stitches for the Velcro and ribbon unseen. I sewed the ribbons and Velcro onto the removable pieces. I then sewed the other matching pieces spread out onto the page adding their counterpart Velcro pieces. For the monkey, I used my Word outline for the body, arms, legs, and tail. I hot glued the head of the monkey over the stitched body on the page. I found the head at the store in the craft section. I hot glued the googly eyes onto the monkey head to add a fun touch. I also learned from the last time, and let the glue cool for a second before adding the eyes to keep them from melting. Finally, I matched all the balloons to their counterparts, brought all of the ribbons together and sewed them onto the monkey’s hand.
***UPDATE*** I did add layers to the shapes. The star got caught in the sewing machine and ended up getting squished a little. But they are all stronger now, and that is what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment