Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ayven's Quiet Book

As I was searching the internet, I came across this blog: Little Hands, Big Work. I thought it was such a neat idea. Then as I looked into Quiet Books, I found that this is a very popular thing! A lot of people seem to make them for their little ones to have something quiet to do during Church. My sister told me that she had never seen this idea as a book, but had seen them as boxes. I spent a couple of days looking at different sites that I found on mainly on Pinterest and YouTube. I figured out which pages I liked and wanted to emulate. Then, in Word, I worked on an outline of I wanted the the pages to look like. And finally, I went to the store to buy some supplies to start this project. Keep in mind, I have practically no experience with crafting projects. (I did make a bag one time in the 8th grade.) So, I had to buy sewing machine, and all of my supplies. There are many bloggers out there where this project cost them hardly anything because of already having most of the supplies. This was not the case for me.
This is a picture of all of my supplies I bought, minus the sewing machine. I did already have the glue gun (can you see it still in the package), but that was all. I spent about $100 on supplies (not counting the sewing machine). As I go through my pages, I will try to recognize the sites that I first got the idea. However, if I found multiple sites with the same idea, I will probably not site anyone. No matter whether the idea came from one site or multiple, I have not used any template except my own to do the pages. If for some reason I do need a template for a page, I will definitely site that page. I am so excited to start this project and share it with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment