Friday, October 19, 2012

Page 3 - Football Lacing

My third page I decided to do a lacing page. I saw a lacing page Made by Me, Shared with You that showed a football being laced. I liked that idea since my son loves football, and I had not incorporated any football themes anywhere else. I was going to print the oval from my Word outline, but found a picture of a football via Google and used that instead. There were a billion images online and I just chose the one that I liked most. I printed it in black and white to use as my template.
I used two pieces of felt to make the football thicker. I sewed those two pieces together along with the two pieces of white felt for the stripes on the football. Then I used grommets (I really like these) to use as eyelet holes.
For the lace, I used a shoe lace... in yellow. It was the only color the $ store had. Turns out it matches the background, and it really pops on the brown football. I decided not to use normal shoe lacing. It just didn't look right with it being a football. This is why I laced it as bars. I sewed the lace down to keep it from coming out. That would be a big pain to try to relace it once in the book. I sewed it all down in the book. This page was pretty simple to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment