Friday, November 23, 2012

Page 7 - Barnyard

This page was relatively easy. I am not sure if this is because this was the 12th page I have done, or if it was just easy.
For my barn (which is all over the internet for quiet books), I started with my handy dandy Word outline. I took my red felt square and trimmed the top part of the sides to give the barn a pentagon shape. Then I added the top triangle portion of the pentagon. Then I used white ribbon to outline the barn and the barn doors. I sewed on the ribbon before I sewed the barn together onto the page. The doors and the window are two pieces thick for endurance. (See, learned my lesson.) I added a piece of tan felt behind the doors section of the barn to make a pocket for the animal puppets. I sewed the tan piece first, and then sewed the barn doors on top. I added the two buttons and ribbon for closure.
For the window, I sewed the black square down first. Then I sewed the two pieces of red felt together with the white ribbon, and sewed it to the black piece on the page. I decided that I didn't want the chicken to be a puppet, but to be part of the peek-a-boo window in the top of the barn. Then I sewed the chicken together and then sewed it to the window as well. To finish the window off, I added a sunflower button.
Finally, I made the puppets. This turned out easier than I expected as well. I traced around two of my fingers and then cut out two pieces of felt that size. I sewed them together leaving the finger hole. Then I flipped it inside out so the seam was on the inside. I then added all the embellishments to make the animals I wanted. Pink pig, brown dog, and white/black cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment