Friday, November 23, 2012

Page 10 and 10 1/2 - I Spy

My I Spy page was easier in some ways and harder in others. The hardest part was sewing the small pieces of fabric to the plastic page protector. However, the rice in the pencil pouch was super easy.
I found all the wood pieces for the find and legend at a craft store. I glued the wood pieces in a page protector. Then I sewed the different pieces of fabric around the page protector for some flair. Then I sewed it to the page.
I colored the rice with a teaspoon of rubbing alcohol and food coloring (more or less depending on the exact color you want) in a ziplock bag. I spread it out in a cookie sheet and let it dry. I put the match to the wooden piece and the rice in a zippered pencil pouch. Most of it is canvas but has a plastic window. It already had 3 rings in it for binder use. I removed the tab on the zipper and hot glued the zipper so it could not be opened.
The only problem I found with the wooden pieces is that they are lighter than the rice, so they are usually at the top of the rice instead of mixed in. They also flip over, but I don't see that as a big problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment