Friday, November 23, 2012

Page 8-9 Season Tree

This page took me the longest because of all the different pieces I made for it. I made 10 flowers for spring, 10 green leaves for summer, 10 brown/red/orange/yellow leaves for fall, and 10 snowflakes for winter. I cut out two of each of the 40 tree decorations and sewed them together for strength. Then I added the snaps. (I made sure that I added the same side of the snap to all of the decorations.)
For the tree, I drew this one out instead of using my Word outline. I drew it a lot to get the shape and branches I wanted. Then when I transferred the tree to the felt, the tree changed more because of the texture of felt. It sometimes will fuzz to nothing if cut too thin. I sewed the tree to the page first. Then I added a green hill for it to sit on. This was to be my pocket for the season decorations. However, this turned out to not be big enough for all of the decorations I made. I decided to add a pocket on the other side to hold all of them instead.
For the pocket: I took a full piece of felt, folded and sewed a 3 inch section down to create an edge. Then I sewed it down on the other three sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment